*NEW* Livestock feature this year!
Chairperson: Gordon McCord 613-227-8955, Jolene Dickson
Rules & Regulations:
- Show is open to exhibitors 9-21 years of age, as of January 1, 2021.
- No registration fee.
- Judging to commence at 2pm, July 25th, 2021
- All lambs must have CFIA tags. Animals without appropriate tags will not be allowed on the fairgrounds.
- All animals must remain on grounds until completion of show, or prize money will be forfeited.
- All entries must be submitted by July 21st, 2021 on Assist Expo
- All exhibitors must be able to provide proof of liability insurance.
Showmanship & Fitting Clinic: to commence at 10am
Registrants will learn the steps and gain hands on experience in preparing a lamb for the show ring. Guest speaker(s) will provide instructions for washing, clipping, final fitting and showmanship techniques.
Senior Showmanship: 18-21 years as of January 1, 2021
Intermediate Showmanship: 15-17 years as of January 1, 2021
Junior Showmanship: 12-14 years as of January 1, 2021
Novice Showmanship: 9-11 years as of January 1, 2021
1st and 2nd from each showmanship class will be asked to return for champion showperson class.
Showmanship classes may be combined on day of show, depending on numbers.
Ewe lambs: Born January 1st, 2021 or later; fleece no more than 1/2” long
Market lambs: Born January 1st, 2021 or later; slick shorn within 7 days of show
Prize Money for Classes 2-7:
1st – $15, 2nd – $12, 3rd – $10, 4th – $8, all other exhibitors in class – $5 (only ribbons for champion showperson class)
Intro to Sheep: Open to anyone under 18 years of age who has not previously exhibited sheep; exhibitor will be provided with a lamb and a 5 minute coaching session by a 4H member; may register for this class on day of show; may be divided into multiple classes, depending on number of registrants
Prize Money for Class 8:
$5 and a ribbon for each exhibitor