Chairperson – Angela Keller 401-4129 , Samantha Keller, Cari Rakai
- All exhibits to be places on Thursday, July 23, 2020 from 2-4pm and 7-9pm.
- Judging will commence at 9am on Friday, July 24, 2020
- All exhibits in this class must be the bona fide work of the exhibitor, name must be covered if art is signed.
- In case of no competition, the judge is instructed to with hold prize unless exhibit is worthy.
- All art work to be framed or mounted and have proper hanging device. No larger than 2.5′ in all directions, unless specified otherwise.
- Judges are authorized to discard all soiled, defaced or old work and instructed to award prizes to the new and up to date work.
- No item may be shown more than twice at this fair.
- The Exhibition hall will be closed to the public between 4:00pm and 5pm, Only Exhibition hall Committees are permitted.
- Entries are to be picked up between the hours of 5 and 6pm sharp on Sunday July 26, 2020
10.NEW* Note to exhibitor Classes 35 A, C, D, E are all considered Adult classes, children and teens are allowed to enter but will have to pay an exhibitor fee and be judged in competition like adults.
Prize Money $4, $3, $2
1A. New Exhibitors ONLY – any subject, any fine art medium
1. Landscape in oil
2. Folkart collage
3. Water Scape (River, Lake, Sea or Pond) oil or acrylic
4. Any Subject – Oil Pastels
5. Flower/flowers, oil or acrylic
6.Portrait of a person/people in oil
7. Any subject, water-colour
8. Amimal/animals, any medium, not computer generated
9. Aboriginal Art any medium, not computer generated
10.a) Any subject, acrylic
10 b). Any subject – acrylic, done in a paint class or paint night.
11. Charcoal drawing, any subject
12. Lead pencil drawing, any subject mounted
13. Open class-subject and medium not mentioned above, please label what method and medium.
Special ~ Judges Choice: Judge will choose a grand prize winner out of all the first prize winners from sections 1-13. Prize $10.00
Prize Money: $4, $3, $2
“Holly Jolly Christmas”
14. Something made at a Paint night – Christmas article
15. An Angel – decorative
16. Ceramic, Christmas decoration
17. Christmas tree ornaments – 2 each of two types, displayed in a box
18. Repurposed small item – Christmas theme
19. Barn Board, any item decorative or useful made of Barn Board.
20. Sign – hand painted on any type of wood or wooden object.
21. Something made from reclaimed wood
22. Live edge item.
23. Drift wood creation
24. Wood working item – small.
“For the Little One”
25. A Doll, Any material, and medium
26. Interactive hand made page for a busy book
27. Night light
28. Creative keepsake using hand/foot prints
29. Quilted item.
30. Baby Onesie Memory keep sake stuffed animal
“My Creative Side”
31. Upcycled item or repurposed item.
32. “I made it” from Jeans
33. A Fascinator (fancy hat/head piece) hand made
34. Creative string art on wood.
35. Article of loom beading
36. Something made from polymer clay.
37. Adult colouring page
38. Chalk painting, any subject or item, decorative.
39. I Made it!” ingenious recycling
40. Article made from duct tape
41. Quilling – any subject, any size
42. Decorated clock
43. Shrink art Jewlery
44. Painted Rock – disguised as anything but a rock
45. Decorative painting on tin or wood- your choice.
46. Decorative painting on something unique
47. Decorative painted item suitable for a child’s room
48. Decorative painting on tin or wood, a Christmas article
49. A craft using drift wood
50. A wreath for outdoors
51. A Welcome sign; not for hanging
52. Summer inspired jewelry, handmade
53. Garden sign – any material
54. I “Sea” glass – any item made or decorated with sea glass
55. Any other summer themed craft or item
” Papier Tole ”
Prize Money: $10, $7, $5
56. Papier tole ~ Flowers
57. Papier tole ~ Scenery
58. Papier tole ~ Animals and/or Birds
59. Papier tole – Whimsy
“ Clear as Glass”
- A Glass Blown item
- Stain glass item of an animal
- Stain glass item any subject
- Glass design set into wood ( drift wood, live edge etc.)
~ * Special * ~
Lowell “Pete” McClelland Memorial Barn Quilt
Special Prize ~ 1st $30, 2nd $20, 3rd $10 ~ Sponsored by the McClelland Family
64. On a 16″ x 16″ (approx.) square piece of wood paint a Barn Quilt Block ~ any subject/theme & colour scheme.
(winning block to be reproduced for one of the fair barns to be permanently displayed & commemorated to Lowel McClelland)
Special Judge’s Choice: for Class 35C in sections ( 14 – 63)– Prize$ 10.00
Prize Money: $4, $3, $2
Theme: Look at all the Pretty Horses
65. Horse inspired jewellery , hand made
66. A door decoration
67. A repurposed item
68. Papier tole picture – that emulates the theme
69. A snapshot or picture suitably framed
70. A crafted item
71. Tole painting – as per theme
72. A fun sign for the home
73. Quilted pillow
74. Penmanship; “Grasses” provided below
Most Points in class 35D (65-74) ~ $10
Class 35 E
75. Any item not listed in preceding classes that has been hand crafted
Do you ever wonder
if horses and such
like all grasses
equally as much?
Or are some grasses
like spinach and prunes
and others like
by Aileen Fisher