Chairperson – Christine Reaburn
Hay or Haylage / Baleage
Prize Money : $50, $40, $30
- First 10 Entries received will be Judged. There are only 10 spaces.
- Entry Fee is $ 10.00 Per person/field.
- Register a standing field of Hay by May 10th. Location & Address of field must be listed.
- Field Judging will take place in Late May / early June.
- Can send a copy of Registration form to email@example.com , or mail to :
Beachburg Agricultural Society
Atten: Valley Hay Grower Competition
P.O. Box 157
- Etransfer your Entry fee to : firstname.lastname@example.org ( make a note on transfer that it is for the Hay Competition) OR mail a cheque with your form payable to Beachburg Ag. Society.
- Judge and BAS rep will visit Hay Field and take a sample to be sent for analysis. At this time they may also take a few pictures.
- Come to the Fair with a sample ( 1 flake or a couple handfuls) of your Hay or Haylage from the field entered.
- All exhibits to be placed on Wednesday July 5th from 7-9pm , Thursday July 6th, 2023 from 1-3pm.
- A clear bag will be provided at the office to put your hay sample in.
- Attach a copy of the original Registration form to your hay sample. A fair tag will be given on arrival.
- Winners will be announced at the fair with a display of the top 3 Hay Fields with pictures, hay samples, analysis results etc.
- Judging will be done on a points basis. Of Part 1 – Filed visit, Part 2 – final Hay entry, and Part 3 the results form the Hay analysis.