Chairperson – Angela Keller 401-4129 , Samantha Keller, Cari Rakai
- All exhibits to be places on Wednesday July 5th from 7-9pm , Thursday July 6th, 2023 from 1-3pm.
- Judging will commence at 9am on Friday, July 7th, 2023.
- All exhibits in this class must be the bona fide work of the exhibitor
- Name must be covered if art is signed. Suggest green painters tape.
- In case of no competition, the judge is instructed to with hold prize unless exhibit is worthy.
- All art work to be framed or mounted and have proper hanging device. No larger than 2.5′ in all directions, unless specified otherwise.
- Judges are authorized to discard all soiled, defaced or old work and instructed to award prizes to the new and up to date work.
- No item may be shown more than twice at this fair.
- The Exhibition hall will be closed to the public on Sunday July 9, 2023, between 4:00pm and 5pm, Only Exhibition hall Committees are permitted.
- Entries are to be picked up between the hours of 5 and 6pm sharp on Sunday July 9, 2023.
11. Note to exhibitor Classes 35 A, C, D, E are all considered Adult classes, children and teens are allowed to enter but will have to pay an exhibitor fee and be judged in competition like adults.
Prize Money $7, $5, $3
1A. New Exhibitors ONLY – any subject, any fine art medium
1. Landscape in oil
2. Folkart collage ( using any medium/ material)
3. Water Scape (River, Lake, Sea or Pond) oil or acrylic
4. Any Subject – oil pastels
5. Flower/flowers, oil or acrylic
6.Portrait of a person/people in oil
7. Any subject, water-colour
8. Animal/animals, any medium, not computer generated
9. Canadian Indigenous Styled Art – any medium, not computer generated
10. Any subject, acrylic
11. Any subject – acrylic, done in a paint class or paint night.
12. Charcoal drawing, any subject
13. Lead pencil drawing, any subject mounted
14. Digital Art – any subject (printed out as JPEG or PNG for clarity)
15. 3-D window art – glass painting, with glued additions on a window pain ( glass, ribbon, metal, wood can be attached)
16. Open class-subject and medium not mentioned above, please label what method and medium.
Special ~ Judges Choice: Judge will choose a grand prize winner out of all the first prize winners from sections 1-15. Prize $20.00 ~ Donated by The What Not Shop
Prize Money: $6, $4, $2
“Christmas in the Air”
17. Something made at a Paint night – Christmas article
18. A Gnome– decorative
19. Snowman or Snowmen, Christmas decoration ( can be wooden, ceramic or fabric)
20. Christmas tree ornaments – 2 each of two types, displayed in a box
21. Repurposed small item – Christmas theme
22. Barn Board, any item decorative or useful made of Barn Board.
23. Sign – hand painted on any type of wood or wooden object.
24. Something made from reclaimed wood
25. Live edge item.
26. Drift wood creation
27. Pyrography ( wood burning) – any size under 1.5ft / shape and subject.
28. Wood working item – small.
29. Handmade Doll, Any material, and medium
30. Interactive hand made page for a busy book
31. Wooden Toy
32. Wall hanging for child’s room
33. Quilted item.
34. Baby soother (pacifier) clip
“My Creative Side”
35. “I made it” from Jeans
36. Diamond Painting (or Diamond Dotz style) picture ~ any composition ( animal, scene, image)
37. Article of loom beading
38. Something made from polymer clay.
39. Adult colouring page
40. Chalk painting, any subject or item, decorative.
41. I Made it!” ingenious recycling
42. Article made from duct tape
43. Quilling – any subject, any size
44. Decorated garden sign ( any medium)
45. Shrink art Jewelry
46. Painted Rock – disguised as anything but a rock
47. Funny sign for the home ( painted on any material)
48. Decorative painting on tin or wood- your choice.
49. Decorative painting on something unique
50. Decorative painted item suitable for a child’s room
51. Decorative painting on tin or wood, a Christmas article
52. A craft using drift wood
53. A wreath for outdoors
54. A Welcome sign; not for hanging
55. Summer inspired jewelry, handmade
56. Garden sign – any material
57. I “Sea” glass – any item made or decorated with sea glass
58. Any other summer themed craft or item
” Papier Tole ”
Prize Money: $10, $7, $5
59. Papier tole ~ Flowers
60. Papier tole ~ Scenery
61. Papier tole ~ Animals and/or Birds
62. Papier tole – Whimsy
“ Clear as Glass”
Prize Money – $8, $6, $4
63. A Glass Blown item
64. Stain glass item of an animal
65. Stain glass item any subject
66. Glass design set into wood ( drift wood, live edge etc.)
Prize Money~ $10, $8, $6
67. On a 16″ x 16″ (approx.) square piece of wood paint a Barn Quilt Block ~ any subject/theme & colour scheme.
(winning block to be reproduced for one of the fair buildings to be permanently displayed )
Special Judge’s Choice: for Class 35C in sections ( 16 – 67)– Prize$ 10.00
Prize Money: $6, $4, $2
Theme: Down on the Farm
68. Farm inspired jewelry , hand made
69. A door decoration
70. A repurposed item
71. Papier tole picture – that emulates the theme
72. A snapshot or picture suitably framed
73. A crafted item
74. Tole painting – as per theme
75. A fun sign for the home
76. Quilted pillow
77. Penmanship; “Mixed up Farm” provided below
Most Points in class 35D (68-77) ~ $10
Class 35 E
78. Any item not listed in proceeding classes that has been hand crafted
Poem for Penmanship
Mixed Up Farm
Cows say buzz, Bee says Moo, Oh my Gosh! What are we to do? Horse says oink, Pig says neigh, No, no, no That's not the right way! These animals are mixed up, What are we to do? hasn't anybody, Got a clue? This is one silly, Wacky farm. But I'll take it, with all its charm!
by – Unknown