Chairperson – Kathy Hiderman – (613) 582-3714
Committee – April Nicholson, Eleanor Wright
1. Exhibits to be placed on Thursday, July 21, 2022 from 2-4pm and 7-9pm
2. Judging will commence at 9am on Friday, July 22, 2022.
3. All exhibits must be the produce of the exhibitor.
4. The Exhibition Hall will be closed between 4:00 pm and 5 pm on Sunday, July 24, 202, No one but committees of the Exhibition hall are permitted in the hall at this time. Entries are to be picked up between the hours of 5 & 6 pm sharp.
Plants in Pots
Special Prize Money: Best Potted Plan – $10,
Most Points in Plants in Pots Class – $10
Prize Money – $4, $3, $2
1.Spider plant (must be a mature plant with babies)
2. Coleus, any variety, 1 plant
3. Cactus (not a succulent)
6b. 12″ patio planter (must have 3 or more plants)
7 . Impatiens
8 . Geranium in Bloom
9 . Vine, any variety
10. Ivy, any variety
11. Single House plant, never flowers, any variety
12. Single House plant in bloom, any variety
13. Hanging basket in bloom
14. Fern, 1 plant
Special Prize Money: Best Cut Flower – $10,
Most Points in Cut Flowers Class – $10
Prize Money – $4, $3, $2
Please put cut flowers in clear vases so stems are visible.
15. Miniature Rose, 1 stem
16a. Pansy – 3 stems
16b. Calendula, 3 blooms
17. Cone flower (Echinacea), 3 stems
18. Cosmos, 3 stems
19. Lily, 1 stem (not day lily)
20. Marigolds, under 3 inches, 3 blooms, same cultivar
21. Marigolds, over 2 inches, 3 blooms, same cultivar
22.Petunias, single , 3 stems, same cultivar
23.Hydrangea, 1 stem
24. Phlox, perennial, 1 stem
25. Rose, any variety, 1 stem
26. Rose, floated in suitable container (no leaves)
27. Snapdragons, 3 stems
28. Bee Balm, 3 stems, same cultivar
29. Hosta, 3 leaves, same cultivar
30. Shasta Daisy, 3 stems
31. Gladiolus, 1 spike
32. Any other garden perennial, 1 spike/stem/spray/bloom-named
33. Any other flower not listed- on 3 stems named
34. Foliage of a shrub, 3 stems, (no coleus, never blooms, and not bigger than 18″, same cultivar)
Special Prize Money: Best Arrangement – $10,
Most Points in Decorative Arrangements Class – $10
Prize Money – $6, $4, $2
1a. Sweet and Low – design in a sugar bowl.
1b. Wild in the Country – a wayside arrangement using fresh roadside flowers, foliage, etc.
2a. Cinderella – arrangement in a shoe.
2b. Running Club – arrangement in a running shoe.
3a. Country Fair – your interpretation (accessories allowed).
3b. Bright Ideas – an arrangement using one or more light bulbs.
4a. Tiny Treasures – a miniature floral arrangement not to exceed 5 inches including the container.
4b. Short and sweet – arrangement in a shot glass.
5a. Country Mouser – arrangement using roadside plants, eg. Cattails, grasses, flowers, twigs, etc.
5b. Casino Fun – arrangement using game pieces ( dice, playing cards, etc.)
6a. Beautiful with out Blooms – design using foliage.
6b. Photography and flowers – arrangement using a photograph and flowers.
7a. Out on a Limb – arrangement using small tree branch.
7b. Wooden it be nice – arrangement using flowers and weathered board or driftwood.
8a. Country Bake off – arrangement in a kitchen utensil.
8b. Beauty in a mirror – arrangement using flowers and a mirror.
9a. Old English – arrangement in a tea cup.
9b. Woodland magic – arrangement using moss, fern, fungus, mushrooms, etc.
10a. Table Talk – arrangement for a table center.
10b. Very Berry – may include fresh flowers , vines, and berries
11a. In a Pickle – arrangement using a Pickle jar (label still on Jar).
11b. Celebration – a table center piece with candles.
12a. Social Time – arrangement in a shot glass.
12b. Spin the bottle – arrangement in a bottle.
13. Master Chef – arrangement in a coffee mug
14. It’s a small world – design under 3 inches
15. A double double – arrangement in a coffee mug
16. Rock garden – not to exceed 15 inches, must include stones
Most Points Overall Flowers – $20
Primary (JR) Flower Arrangements – 5 to 7 years old
Prize Money: 1st-$3, 2nd-$2.50, 3rd-$2
1a. Fun in the Sun – arrangement in a sand toy.
1b. Toy talk – arrangement in a toy.
2a. Go Wild – arrangement using flowers and grasses of roadside and meadows.
2b. Baa – Oink – Moo – using your own interpretation, accessories allowed
3a. Grandma’s Favorite Flower – an arrangement.
3b. Why did the chicken cross the road – a bunch of roadside flowers displayed in a recycled container.
4a. Surf’s Up – arrangement using shells and stones.
4b. Under the sea – arrangement of blue and white flowers, accessories, and other plant material accepted.
Best arrangement – $5
Junior Flower Arrangements – 8 to 12 years old
Prize Money:1st-$3, 2nd-$2.50, 3rd-$2
1a. Bright Ideas – arrangement using one or more light bulbs.
1b. Special Day – a creative design to interpret a special occasion, eg. Birthday, Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving etc. appropriate accents accepted.
2a. On a Hike – arrangement using flowers, weeds, and grasses.
2b. Teachers Pet – arrangement for the teacher.
3a. A Creative design – using recycled material.
3b. Fire Works – arrangement of brilliantly coloured flowers.
4a. Fun in the Rain – arrangement using child’s rubber boot.
4b. Soups On – arrangement using soup can, fresh flowers and greenery, (soup can have label attached and visible).
Best arrangement – $5