The objectives of an agricultural society are to encourage an awareness of agriculture and to promote improvements in the quality of life of persons living in an agricultural community by,
- (a) Researching the needs of the agricultural community and developing programs to meet those needs;
- (b) Holding agricultural exhibitions featuring competitions for which prizes may be awarded;
- (c) Promoting the conservation of natural resources;
- (d) Encouraging the beautification of the agricultural community;
- (e) Supporting and providing facilities to encourage activities intended to enrich rural life
- Not every society will be engaged in all of the activities listed in clauses (a) to (e), however, all societies should be engaged in activities that encourage agricultural awareness and improve the quality of life of the persons living in their community
The Beachburg Agricultural Society/Beachburg Fair seeks to encourage the participation of community through volunteerism. Without the time offered to this event by many volunteers, the Beachburg Fair could not happen. A year round volunteer board of Executive & Directors provide hours of planning and are transformed into the structure and momentum for a great event. During Fair weekend, volunteers are the core of this event. Hundreds of hours from all ages and groups are dedicated to making the event a welcome and safe environment for all attendees. Check out our volunteer page and sign up link if interested in volunteering.
Community / Business
Many community groups lend a helping hand at the Fair. St. John’s Ambulance, Beachburg Public School, Beachburg Sports groups, Beachburg Lions Club, local churches and social groups are some examples.
The partnerships between the Fair, sponsors and volunteers have been the foundation for building the Fair’s success. It is also the result of the community’s willingness to share its time and money. The Festival is pleased to have the support of generous sponsors. We proudly acknowledge all contributions of its generous sponsors to the overall success of the Beachburg Fair and our continued growth.
Beachburg Fair has become an annual tradition for many community groups and visitors. Our annual Meet & Greet gladly welcomes past attendees to gather and reminisce with refreshments and entertainment. Our Bavarian Gardens brings local and area entertainment for all. Families meet and spend quality time bringing new visitors to our annual Fair – “See you at the Fair” has become a popular tag line for all ages.
The Beachburg Agricultural Society and Beachburg Fair is a Not for Profit Organization run by a volunteer Board elected by its members. All proceeds are turned back into the operation of the Society and Annual Beachburg Fair. An Annual Report is available upon request. There are two part time staff members (Secretary and Treasurer) and the remainder of the work is done by volunteer directors as well as many of the community volunteers. If you are interested in the year round planning and wish to be involved, please contact us at email@example.com.
“SEE YOU AT THE FAIR !”
Click the link below to download the PDF version of our mission/vision statement!